|When the setting sun is on the curtain hook,|
by the creek spring’s experiences are tranquil.
|Sweet scents, a garden that follows the bank,|
gathering kindling and cooking, a boat pulled up at the rapids.
|A pecking bird falls off, fighting over a branch,|
flying insects roam filling the yard.
|Who fashioned you so, thick brew,|
that one draught disperses a thousand cares?
1. 溪边春事: by the creek spring’s experiences
2.落日: the setting sun.
3. 缘岸圃: a garden that follows the bank
4. Rapids: 激流
5. 争枝: fighting over a branch
6. 满园游: roam filling the yard.
7. Who fashions you so: 谁造汝
8. One draught: a serving of drink, usually alcoholic, drawn from a keg.
9. Care: a worry about someone or something (countable or uncountable, mainly literary)
Curated with study notes by:
Header image: Microsoft stock image under CC licence